Thursday, April 26, 2012

Iced Tea

Iced Tea


Good Earth's Sweet and Spicy
Just like us that day.
In broad brimmed hats,
And summer dresses,
Our hair hanging loose,
In youthful tresses.
Two young women
Celebrating Spring,
The future could
Promise anything.

This poem was inspired by a date I had with my sister for lunch at the Good Earth Restaurant. We were young, full of laughter, fun and I think all we could afford was the Iced Tea. But she is gone, she died young and I am so glad that I found this poem, it reminded me how important it is to take some time to be with your loved ones, even if it's just for Iced Tea.

2 comments:

  1. Awesome poem Bec. I totally agree with your afterthoughts. It is so important to spend time with loved ones in the here and now. I love to sit on my sis' front porch chatting and laughing and solving the world's problems. I miss sitting with my mom, drinking wine and discussing anything and everything. I wish you lived closer because I would love to spend more time with you too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am glad that we at least have this. But, yes we should endeavor to get together. You are often in my thoughts. You're so great. Love, Becky

    ReplyDelete