Monday, March 19, 2012

Overheard.

Some time ago, my husband and I were on Maui and decided to go snorkeling in Turtle Bay on a day cruise. One of the crew members named Yves was very helpful and instructed us on many safety topics and dos and don'ts for the cruise. He was helpful and nice. He was talking to some people seated behind us and they were asking for his favorite island hideaways and obscure places to visit. He was telling them of a little deli, coffee shop in Keokea called Grandma's Coffee House, with a beautiful view of Lahina and the ocean beyond. That sounded right up my ally, so I turned around and said, "Excuse me, could you tell me how to get to Grandma's? I am afraid I was Yves dropping." They all laughed and gave me the directions. It was as delightful as Yves had said it was. It's still there by the way.    

No comments:

Post a Comment