Sunday, April 14, 2013

Who Do They Think They ARE?

Yesterday I am driving to the post office to mail all the tax forms that I have prepared. There is a one lane, one way street with parking on the left and then a place that you can wait for Post Office Visitors to leave and then take their parking spot, up ahead. It is busy and there is an open spot on the left and a woman backing out of the spot next to it. There is a car in front of me and she is waiting for the woman to back out, so she can take her spot leaving the other open spot for me. A young woman with a young son pass me and take my spot. I pull my parking brake on and put my car in park. I knock on her window and say Hey you took my spot. You passed me and this is not a two lane street. She swore at me and her eight year old son gets out of the car and calls me a B*tch. I was so horrified by both of them, I was shaking mad. I got back in my car and found a parking space at the back of the Post Office. Then I came home and got to thinking, I need some ready words for this type of circumstance as it happens all to often in the upscale town that our sweet little town has become. So with the use of a handy Thesaurus I have put to memory the following: Self indulgent minx or harpy, as the case may be, Pretentious Uppity Elitist Shrew, will probably do the trick in most cases. 
Really, have we no manners anymore? 
The Woman who was ahead of me thanked me for speaking up to the Pretentious Uppity Elitist Shrew and so did her well mannered child of the same age as the dirty mouthed boy. 
The woman and child in this picture are not the parking space thieves  in question.

No comments:

Post a Comment