Sunday, May 27, 2012

OMG

A Jewish father sent his son to Israel so he could examine his roots and get a feel for the Holy land. Upon his Son's return, the Father asked, "Well my Son what did you think?"
The Son replied, "Oh Father, Thank you so much for the opportunity to visit the Holy land. I learned a lot of the culture and by the way I have converted to Christianity."
The Father was shocked but said nothing. The next day he went to see his friend and told him what had happened. He said, "I sent my Son to Israel and he liked the trip, but he converted to Christianity. I am not sure I did the right thing."
Unbelievable, the same thing happened to me!" replied his friend. I think we should go and have a talk with the Rabbi.
So the two men went to see the Rabbi. "Rabbi, we sent our Son's to Israel to educated them about our Holy land and when they returned they both informed us that they had converted to Christianity."  Did we not do the right thing?" The Rabbi stroked his beard and without an answer to this perplexing question, he suggested they prey.
The three men preyed and as if by a miracle God appeared to them and asked, "What troubles you?"
Well, we sent our Sons to Israel to learn of the Holy land and when they returned they had both converted to Christianity. Did we not do the right thing?"
"Funny you should ask", God replied. "The same thing happened to me!"

1 comment: