Monday, May 14, 2012

Breath

There was a time that I spent about six weeks in the Hospital with my Sister. She needed around the clock care and the Nurses were wonderful but were grateful for my assistance. They gave me certain privileges like riding the staff elevator. One day I was returning from the salad cafe after lunch, I got on the elevator and two orderly who got on with a patient on a gurney. The patient was slumped, passed out with his head drooping to the side. The orderly at the foot of the gurney made a motion like he was turning a valve. The orderly at the head of the bed, reached down and turned the oxygen tank on. The patients eyes popped open and he straighted right up. None of us said a word. But I am sure that the look on my face was priceless.

No comments:

Post a Comment