Sunday, September 29, 2013

Happy Birthday Daddy

We had a wonderful afternoon with our dear friend at a benefit for the Japanese Retirement Home Yu-Ai-Kai in Japan Town, San Jose. We went with my dear friend who once said that my Father told her that we should be friends and so we have been friends ever since. It was just that my Father had passed away years before he told her that we should be friends. We met at a knitting group and liked each other right away. When the knitters became a group and actually put together an address list. I noticed that my friend lived on the same street that my Sister lived on, when she was living in Campbell. At the next meeting, I asked her if she knew her and she said yes. She lived across the street from her and Jen had given her a child's obe. She said she knew where it was and would get it for me. It is one of the few things that I have of my Sister's. I have always felt that my friend was a gift from my Father and Sister. Today was my Father's Birthday and he would have enjoyed this day, so I did for him.

No comments:

Post a Comment