Saturday, June 8, 2013

High School Level

Not to make light of the material included here, if this is high school level, our future is in trouble. Is it simply that it is not important any longer to be able to use handwriting skills? Has it become passe to be able to write a sentence? When I hear the AT&T commercial where the the Child says, "Look at them kids," I cringe. When people say those ones or these ones, I cringe. Is it cool to have horrible grammar?  I always thought it was a sign of ignorance. I have to admit it worries me.

1 comment:

  1. Lack of proper education. I have no faith in the public school system anymore for many, many reasons (this coming from someone who teaches) however, education should not only be the responsibility of the public school system. When Kate was in kindergarten, every time she had a school break we made a big deal about going to the school supply store and picking out her own workbook to do and she always had a journal and we always did art. That example that you have posted is horrible yet sadly, more reflective than you realize.

    ReplyDelete