Saturday, August 4, 2012

Get er Done



We awakened yesterday to no internet connection. Our modem was frozen and there was nothing left to try but call Comcast. The Gentleman  from Comcast comfirmed that the modem was not working and that we had two and only two choices, either sign up for a monthly charge of $3.99 for in home repair service or pay for an in home call between $30.00 to $50.00. I told him I pay over $45.00 a month to have High Speed internet and that they installed the now malfunctioning modem and I thought Comcast should make sure for that amount of money that their equipment works. The Gentleman then reiterated my only two options, either pay monthly or for the one time service call but added that I could drive to the nearest Comcast store (at least an hour drive) to procure another modem. I paused and he asked if I was still on the line. I was still on the line, but told him I still was not happy. Then I asked him if I could sign up for the $3.99 a month plan, have the repair guy out and then cancel the plan? He advised that I must keep the plan for 90 days. I said well that is $12.00, so sign me up for that and schedule someone to come out. The repairman came out between 10:00am and 12:00am and said that he had never even seen a modem like that, it was so old, and hooked us up with a new one. We are back in action for $12.00 and I wrote on my calendar a reminder to cancel the service plan in three months. All I could think is how stupid is that?

2 comments:

  1. Shoot Bec, they should have replaced that modem free of charge! What the heck?! But all-in-all $12 is better than $30-$50!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know, right! I hope no one ever pays that $30-$50 charge from now on.

    ReplyDelete